Data Quality and Assurance Officer
Shelter For Life International (SFL) is an international faith-based relief and development organization with over 30 years’ experience in providing sustainable development and humanitarian assistance to post conflict countries around the world. We are currently operational in Afghanistan, Liberia, and Senegal, with Headquarters located in Minnetonka, MN. Our mission is to Demonstrate God’s love by enabling people affected by conflict and disaster to restore their lives and rebuild their communities. To learn more about us, please head to www.shelter.org
Under USDA/FAS Food For Progress (FFPr), SFL is implementing a six year program in Senegal, The Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau with a goal to develop and upgrade value chain linkages necessary to support an integrated regional trade network for the cashew value chain. The “Linking Infrastructure, Finance, and Farms To Cashew” (LIFFT-Cashew) program is working to create durable trade infrastructure, increase access to financial services, organize and train smallholder farmers to increase production and bargaining power, and build the capacity of local processors to add value to kernels in the cashew production zone of West Africa. As a result, the program will benefit smallholder farmers, a range of processors, and a variety of other businesses associated with the cashew value chain.
SFL seeks an experienced professional for the position of Data Quality Officer, to be based in Ziguinchor.
Data Quality and Assurance Officer will be responsible for quality and integrity of data especially focused on digital data in Guinea-Bissau and Gambia. You will develop the design and execution of data quality processes, including the implementation of a data audits, data quality and assurance tools and processes across the organization for all internal and external stakeholders. Following the implementation of the data quality processes, will work on its ongoing QA operations and be responsible for the quality and integrity of the digital data across processes and systems
Duties and Responsabilities
- In close consultation with the BIM and the COP/Country Director, the DQO officer will:· Requirement gathering for new or updated component business processes and report submission to BIM for consideration or development.· Provide field support to field data collection personnel and LIFFT-on the LIFFT-UP platform and troubleshoot their field data collection devices.· Develop, maintain, and test data collection forms
· Data entry and cleaning including creation, updating and deletion of component metrics data in accordance to the component indicators.
· Define KPIs and dashboards to track data quality for all components
· Resolve operational issues related to data quality and ensure it will get addressed on time and will not occur again
· Work closely with all components and define data quality measures
· Implement and test data quality rules and detect data quality issues
· Develop and manage data quality dashboards and its distribution and proactively monitor the execution of the data quality processes and communicate the results
· Unlocking user accounts or resetting passwords due to user forgetfulness.
· Helping users develop or fine-tune reports and dashboards so they yield meaningful metrics.
· Run and store the weekly snapshot (data export) of the system data and attachments, including all history tables. Keep the snapshots for at least 90 days
· LIFFT-UP in person and teleconferencing training user training
· Develop and maintain and update user training guides
· Support the Administration Department with Network and IT support
· Monthly Data Quality and Insight report.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required by direct supervisor.
- · BSc degree in Computer Science or related field.· Proven Data Management Skills including Data Entry and Cleaning
· 2+ years of experience in a humanitarian organization, including one year of international experience.
· Proven Network administration experience.
· Knowledge of diagnostic practices and troubleshooting techniques in the servicing and repair of computers and peripherals.
· Fluency in Portuguese and English.
· Knowledge of network management tools and equipment (routers, servers, switches, firewalls, laptops, tablets, and various operating systems).
· Previous experience Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce.
This position is only open for Guinea-Bissau, Senegal and Gambia nationals.
SFL is interested in candidates whose professional ethics, values and determination to achieve impact are evident and aligned with organizational priorities.
- A minimum of 12+ months commitment to live and work in Ziguinchor, Senegal is required;
- Is comfortable with frequent travel, particularly within the SeGaBi region.
NB: The Position is based in the main project office in Ziguinchor (Senegal) and will focus on the following areas of responsibilities:
Please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “DQO 2022 JOBID-A901GB”. Applications must be in English. Please include your name in the title of all attached documents. In your resume, the work experience should be presented chronologically and should contain sufficient details to enable the technical review team to evaluate the qualifications and experience. The CV/resume should include the name, telephone number, and email of at least two references who do not work for the candidate’s current employee
Women’s applicants are strongly encouraged.
Closing Date: 27 May 202