Website Maintenance Officer
About Shelter for Life International
SFL is an international non-governmental organization, with its headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States of America, and has been working in developing countries around the world since 1979. SFL works in more than fifteen countries around the world, guided by its philosophy of “restoring life by rebuilding communities”. SFL provides emergency services in case of disaster or conflict, undertakes infrastructure reconstruction activities after such events, and provides micro finance products to support economic growth. SFL has helped millions of people by building or rehabilitating infrastructure as varied as temporary shelters, production roads, irrigation systems, schools, market infrastructure, etc. The NGO has also provided significant funding through thousands of micro-loans to help ease access to finance urgent needed funds to grow smallholders’ production and business activities.
Under USDA/FAS Food For Progress (FFPr) program, Shelter For Life (SFL) is implementing a six-year project called “Linking Infrastructure, Finance and Farms to Cashew” (LIFFT-Cashew) in Senegal, the Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau (SeGaBi) with the goal to develop and upgrade value chain linkages necessary to support an integrated, regional trade network for the cashew value chain.
The LIFFT-Cashew Project aims to achieve three main objectives:
- Increase or maintain the quality of Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN)
- Increase the processing of RCN within the SeGaBi region
- Promote the collective sales of RCN
SFL seeks an experienced professional for the position of Website Officer, to be based in Senegal, Ziguinchor.
Website Officer will be responsible for information sharing management of the different communication platforms we have within the LIFFT_UP platform and be the primary communication liaison for the A9 component and external stakeholders. You will develop the design and execution of content management processes, including the configuration of the website, SEO and PPC configuration and content posting on all social media platforms. Following the implementation of the data quality processes, you will work on with both external and internal stakeholders to identify sources of desirable cashew market information and come up with strategies on how to source this information.
SCOPE OF WORK
Education and qualifications
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- 2 years of work experience in Website Maintenance.
- Highly proficient in WordPress and the Adobe Suite or Canva
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Ads and Google Analytics.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, community level facilitation and coordination skills
- Computer literacy, good record keeping and report writing
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work in a multi partner initiatives
- Budget and financial management, training need assessment and training facilitation
- Willingness to work in rural/marginal areas, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Fluency in French language is mandatory; Knowledge of English language would be a strong asset. Knowledge of local languages is advantage.
- IT Administration experience
- Network Administration experience
- Previous experience Microsoft Office 365 and/or Salesforce.
This position is only open for Guinea-Bissau, Senegal and Gambia nationals.
SFL is interested in candidates whose professional ethics, values and determination to achieve impact are evident and aligned with organizational priorities.
- A minimum of 12+ months commitment to live and work in Senegal, Ziguinchor is required.
- Is comfortable with frequent travel, particularly within the SeGaBi region.
Please send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “WO 2021 JOBID-A903GB”. After successfully submitting your application, please fill the pre-interview form(click here). Scan the QR CODE below if you cannot click on link. Only candidates who submit the pre-interview form will be considered for the role.
Applications must be in English. Please include your name in the title of all attached documents. In your resume, the work experience should be presented chronologically and should contain sufficient details to enable the technical review team to evaluate the qualifications and experience. The CV/resume should include the name, telephone number, and email of at least two references who do not work for the candidate’s current employee.
Women’s applicants are strongly encouraged.
Closing Date: September 24th, 2021